Tuesday, July 5, 2011

To Bake or Not to Bake that is the Question!

Anyone that knows me can say that I am very picky when it comes to desserts. My dessert of choice would definitely be my mother's homemade sugar cookies. No one has ever made a sugar cookie that has even compared with hers. Our ward was hosting a bake sale for the youth and I decided to sign up to make Mom's legendary sugar cookies. I got the recipe from my mom and got to work.
I do not have any space in my kitchen to roll dough so I had to use my glass kitchen table. It proved to be very difficult, the dough stuck like crazy to the table so I ended up using A LOT OF FLOUR.
A lot of flour= harder than desired cookies. They looked delicious but I was rather disappointed in the turn out of their taste. I am afraid that I will need many more years of practice to master the art of the sugar cookie. My mom is an amazing woman and example to me. I am grateful for her influence in my life especially her most delicious sugar cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment